When it comes to finding a premium smartphone experience at a budget price, the honor 5X is one of the most compelling options on the market right now. Priced at $200 and packed with high-end features like a fingerprint scanner, metallic body, a solid camera, and a massive battery — there’s a lot to like about the 5X.
As you might expect, honor is very proud of their creation, and that is why they have issued a challenge over at the official Android Authority forums, asking the community to “Find a Better Smartphone for Less than $200”.
Simply put, the first five challengers that are able to find another smartphone that offers the same features as the honor 5X, or exceeds them, for less than $200, will be given a $200 VISA gift card. Here’s the parameters these challenging phones have to meet:
1. Full Metallic body with an incredible 3 card slot design and style offered in a range of color options (sunset gold, dark gray & daybreak silver).
2. Fingerprint identification sensor 2.0 for speed, accuracy and an unlocking time of 0.5 seconds. All with super fast easy set up!
3. Amazing 13MP (rear) and 5MP (front) cameras for stunning high quality images & panoramic selfies on a full 1920 X 1080 HD display.
4. Incredible 8 core high performance processor with 2 GB RAM for a smooth, responsive user experience.
5. A massive 3000 mAh battery with smartpower 3.0 lasting 1.46 days with moderate use and over a full day of heavy use!
Can’t find another phone that matches the 5X? honor is giving people the opportunity to admit defeat for a chance to win an honor 5X or a honor Z1 band.
Keep in mind that in order to participate, you need to issue your challenge over at the forums, as well as follow other steps and rules as highlighted there.
See also – honor 5X hands on