There are many times where our mobile device screen meets an unfortunate end. Whether that reason is a sky diving mishap, a hunting accident or you drop it on your face when using it in bed, a broken screen can put a damper on your day. However, if you have the Moto X Pure (Style), XDA TV Special Guest Ronald shows you some tricks to prevent you from needing to buy a replacement phone. In this video he takes you through the steps to replace the Moto X Pure screen. So gather the needed tools listed below and check out the video. Step by step instructions are presented below.
- Plastic Pry Tool
- T4 Screwdriver
- Heat Gun
- Sim Tool
Be sure to check out other great XDA TV Videos.
- Use sim tool to remove sim tray.
- Apply heat to the back of the phone. This will relax the adheasive which holds on the back plate.
- Use your plastic pry tool to remove the back plate.
- Remove the 20 screws around the rim of the phone.
- Remove the rubber tabs and disconnect ribbon cables.
- Pop the back case off of the phone and set it aside.
- Remove the ribbon cables that connect the screen to the motherboard.
- Remove the silver screw at the bottom of the phone.
- Remove motherboard from the screen.
- Reassemble the phone with replacement screen, simply follow the instructions in reverse.
Please subscribe to XDA TV.