Right now, as I write this, I have Pandora on in the background spinning me some great new tunes. Pandora is just an incredible tool for discovering new music without much hassle. Soon though, Pandora is going to be even better at dishing out fresh music that you love to listen to. A new ‘Browse’ section is coming to the app, and Pandora is claiming it will be “your ultimate personalized discovery destination.”
While your stations already introduce you to a lot of great new music, it is not always the quickest process. With the new ‘Browse’ section you can simply click on the tab and immediately find new tunes that match your taste. Basically Pandora looks at everything you have ever given a thumbs up/down, then makes recommendations for new artist stations they think you will love. If you are unsure about adding a station it recommends, do not fret. You will have the option to view a list of songs that will be played on that station. If then you are curious about how many other people in the world are listening to the station you just selected, Pandora has also added in Music Metrics enabling you to see how big of a following that station has.
While ‘Browse’ is definitely the biggest feature coming in the new update, it certainly isn’t the only one. There will also be a few new redesigns. You will now be able to organize your station list by either most recent or alphabetical order. On top of that, there will be a new mini-player affixed to the bottom of the app, so that anywhere you go in the app, say the new ‘Browse’ section, you can be back to your current song with a single tap. Lastly, Pandora has decided to redesign artist pages, making it easier to find information on the artists you love.
Pandora has just rolled out this update to iPhone users today. Unfortunately for us Android users, it looks like we are going to have to play the waiting game. All Pandora has said on the subject is a nice non-informative “coming soon.”
Pandora Debuts New Personalized Destination to Discover Music
It’s now easier than ever to discover the perfect music for you
OAKLAND, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Pandora (NYSE:P), the world’s most powerful music discovery platform, today launched Browse, a new way to help you discover even more music you’ll love. Browse is the perfect place for you to lean in and discover your next favorite artist because the recommendations are tailor-made from your thumbs and your individual musical tastes. Whenever and wherever you are, Pandora provides the soundtrack that’s always in tune with what you want to hear.
Introducing Browse: Discover your next favorite @Pandora_radio station on your iPhone:+
“Finding new music should be a simple and enjoyable experience,” said Chris Phillips, chief product officer of Pandora. “Our musicologists have scored millions of songs to find the perfect music just for you. The new Browse feature makes it easy to find the music you love whether you know what you want, or need a little help discovering music you didn’t know existed.”
Browse is Your Ultimate Personalized Discovery Destination
- Music You Want: Everyone enjoys music, just maybe not the same type of music. Browse serves up artists and stations that are only relevant to you. The experience will continually improve the more you listen to Pandora.
- Fresh Station Recommendations: You’ll get nonstop discovery of new stations based on your listening activity.
- Take a Look and See: Have trouble committing? You can see what’s spinning on a station before adding it to your station list.
- Music Metrics: Want to know how many other people are also listening to your favorite artist? You can see how many fans have added that station, whether it’s a pop music icon who has millions of listeners or a breaking artist who has a few thousand.
We have also made getting to your music even more effortless.
New Look and Feel
- Always Know What’s Playing: You now have one-tap access to whatever is playing with a new Mini-Player on the bottom of the app. We also placed your Stations, Feed, Profile and Settings in the new Fly-Out menu in the top left corner.
- Find Your Stations Faster: Organize your My Station list by Recent or Alphabetical order.
- Go Behind the Music: Looking to connect with your favorite artist on a deeper level? We redesigned the artist pages with a fresh format, so you can find more information about the artists you love.
Browse is available for iPhones in the United States, Australia and New Zealand and will launch on Android phones soon.
Come comment on this article: Update coming soon to Pandora featuring new ‘Browse’ section loaded with music that you’ll love