It’s Friday, January 29, 2016, and let’s talk about what happened this week over at XDA-developers.com.
Loads of new device launches, so let’s start there. Asus is putting out a new version of the Zenfone 2, complete with a more powerful Intel processor and 256 gigs of storage. They’ve also released the Zenfone Zoom in India for just under 38,000 Rupees. I received my Zenfone Zoom for review from B&H yesterday and unboxed it on my channel, if you’d like to see that, again, links down below.
LG has announced a global rollout of both the K4 and K10 phones. They also came out and admitted that there’s a hardware issue affecting some LG G4’s, causing them to boot loop due to a loose contact between components. They’ll be repairing the devices under warranty, which is nice.
OnePlus rolled out Oxygen OS 2.2.0 for the OnePlus X this week, bringing manual mode to the camera and the option to save photos to the SD card, finally. They also removed the need for an invitation to buy the X, and released OxygenOS 2.1.4 for the One, but you have to sideload it manually.
“Motorola has started a soak test of Marshmallow for the 2014 Moto G, both models.”
Marshmallow-based nightlies of OmniROM have started rolling out for a few devices, bringing along a few new features like a new Weather service.
XDA Senior Member EltOffer put out a guide on installing the latest rooted beta build of Marshmallow on the Galaxy S6 Edge.
XDA Senior Member ajsmsg78 put out a guide for unlocking, installing TWRP, and rooting the Huawei Mate 8.
But you know what? That’s going to be about all from me for today. You can find the links to all the stories I talked about in the video description, as well as the links to my YouTube channels. Remember if you likes this video give us a “Thumbs up” down below if you liked this video and subscribe to receive our content as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for watching, and I’ll see you next time.
Be sure to check out other great XDA TV Videos.
- Jordan’s Tech News Video
- ASUS ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition with Intel Z3590 Chip Goes Official
- ASUS Launches ZenFone Zoom in India, Priced at Rs. 37,999 ($562)
- Jordan’s Zenfone Zoom Unboxing
- B&H Zenfone Zoom
- Lenovo Launches Vibe X3 in India for Rs. 19,999 ($295)
- Lenovo Launches the K5 Note with a 3,500mAh Battery for ~$167
- LG Announces Global Rollout of K4 and K10 Smartphones
- LG Admits G4 Bootloop Problem is Hardware Fault, Will Repair Affected Devices
- OnePlus Begins OxygenOS 2.2.0 Rollout to OnePlus X
- The OnePlus X Can be Purchased Without an Invite Now
- OnePlus Releases OxygenOS 2.1.4 for the OnePlus One as a Manual Download
- Motorola is Testing Android 6.0 in India and Brazil for Both 2nd Gen Moto G Models
- Xiaomi Starts Rolling Out MIUI 7 and Android 6.0 to the Mi 4
- Xiaomi Looking for Users to Beta Test MIUI 7 and Android 5.0 for the Redmi 2 Prime
- OmniROM Marshmallow Nightlies Are Underway
- Huawei’s Ascend Mate 2 Gets Marshmallow with CyanogenMod 13
- CyanogenMod 13.0 Available For for Galaxy E5 (E500H)
- Install Android 6.0.1 Beta 2 (Rooted) on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Unlock Bootloader, Install TWRP and Root the Huawei Mate 8
- Jide Partners with XDA for Hosting of Remix OS Forums
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Forums Now Live!
- XDA Sub Forums Available for the LG G5
- XDA/Android Podcast Episode 12: “Locking into the Future: Flagships, Updates & Bootloaders
- Bloomsky Hyper Local Weather App Review – XDA TV
- Top 5 Google Maps Tips – XDA TV