In a press event in New Delhi, Xiaomi has announced the launch of its next budget smartphone, the Redmi 4, in India. The company had launched Redmi 4 in China in November last year.
Since Redmi 3 was never launched in India, Redmi 4 is essentially a successor to the Redmi 3s Prime in the country.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications
- Operating System: Android Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Processor: 64-bit 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435
- RAM: 2 GB
- Display: 5-inch HD (720p) | 296ppi | 2.5D curved glass IPS
- Storage: 16 GB; expandable up to 128 GB with a microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash | Phase Detection Auto-focus (PDAF) | f/2.0 aperture | 5-element lens
- Front Camera: 5 MP | f/2.2 aperture
- Battery: 4,100mAh
- Weight: 150g
- Thickness: 8.65mm
Redmi 4 is available in two color variants – Gorgeous black and Elegant gold and three memory/storage variants. The 2GB + 16GB variant is priced at ₹6,999, the 3GB + 32GB variant is priced at ₹8,999, and the 4GB + 64GB variant is priced at ₹10,999.
The Redmi 4 is a basic, budget phone with well-rounded specifications and boasts of a fingerprint sensor too. What are your thoughts on the smartphone, and would you pick one up? Tell us n the comments!