Asus Zenfone Live, with real-time beautification feature for live streaming, launched in India
In a press event in New Delhi, ASUS announced the launch of Zenfone Live (ZB501KL) in India. First unveiled in February this year, the highlight of the Zenfone Live is its hardware-optimized, real-time beautification features – which come in handy given the growing trend of live streaming with Facebook Live and other social media services.
Apart from a BeautyLive app that aims to make you look rad in real-time, the smartphone also boasts of dual MEMS microphone that reduces background noise and enhances voice pickup – a useful feature for livestreaming enthusiasts.
ASUS Zenfone Live (ZB501KL) Specifications
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ASUS ZenUI 3.0
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS LCD | 2.5D contoured glass
- Processor: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core Processor
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR3
- Internal storage: 16 GB; expandable up to 128 GB with microSD card
- Front Camera: 5 MP | 82˚ wide view angle | f/2.2 aperture | LED flash
- Rear Camera: 13 MP | f/2.0 aperture | 5p lens | LED flash
- Battery: 2650 mAh
- Dimensions: 141.18 x 71.74 x 7.95 mm
- Weight: 120 grams
Priced at ₹9,999 ($155), the ASUS Zenfone Live comes in three color variants – Shimmer Gold, Rose Pink, and Navy Black.
While I’m not a big fan of seeing ‘your skin smoothed and blemishes removed in real time’, some more self-conscious, livestreaming enthusiasts might like the idea of it. What do you think of the Zenfone Live, and would you like to pick one up? Let us know in the comments.