Samsung launches Galaxy Note 8 in India, and brings Bixby to India
In a press conference in India today, Samsung announced the launch of its latest flagship smartphone in India, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. With the Note 8, Samsung aims to redeem itself after the disaster of last’s year Galaxy Note 7.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review: Do Bigger Things, at a Bigger Price
The company also announced that Bixby, Samsung’s own personal digital assistant, will be available for India on the Note 8 (as well as Samsung Galaxy S8) and has been optimized to understand English in Indian accents. Bixby Voice capability will be available in India from September 30.
There’s also Samsung Pay which was launched in India earlier this year. The Galaxy Note 8 includes wireless charging as well as boasts of IP68 dust and water resistance.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 x 1440) Super AMOLED Infinity | 521 ppi | 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: 64-bit octa-core (2.3 GHz Quad + 1.7 GHz Quad) Samsung Exynos 8895, 10 nm processor
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64 GB; microSD expansion up to 256 GB
- Rear camera: 12 MP wide-angle AF Dual Pixel sensor | ƒ/1.7 aperture | OIS + 12 MP telephoto AF sensor | ƒ/2.4 aperture | OIS
- Front camera: 8 MP AF sensor | ƒ/1.7 aperture
- Battery: 3,300 mAh
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 195 g
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be available in two color variants – Classic Midnight Black and Dazzling Maple Gold – across online and offline retail stores at a price of ₹67,990, which includes a free wireless charger thrown in, starting September 21.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is truly one of the best flagship smartphones of the year (and you can read our complete review of the same), and is priced just right. What are your thoughts on the Note 8 and its pricing? Tell is in the comments!