The Essential Phone has been out in the wild for a little while now, and Essential has just sent out an update to address some issues and improve one of the phone’s most important features.
Today the Essential Phone is receiving an update that will bring the build number to NMI81C, which is meant to address behind-the-scenes bug fixes, performance and reliability boosts, and improvements to the camera. Essential notes in its changelog that customers will see improvements to the camera speed when taking low light photos, as well as improved capture speed when taking regular photos. Overall improvements to the camera performance and brightness are included, too.
Here’s the changelog from Essential:
- Boosted capture speed in regular and low light to below 1 second (over 40% faster)
- Improved brightness and performance in low-light
- Spatial sound when shooting in 360 (supported on device, Facebook and YouTube)
- Use volume up/down keys as shutter buttons in 360 mode
- Countdown timer when in 360 camera mode
- Bug fixes and overall reliability improvements
Essential is pushing out the update beginning today, so keep an eye out for it if you’ve got an Essential Phone. The company is also teasing some new features coming to the handset in a future update, including enhancements to HDR photography, as well as live streaming 360-degree content to social networks like Facebook.
If you have an Essential Phone, how are you liking the camera?