When he got out, he was surprised to find that the local job market was already swarming with his peers from high school. Instead of going into formal education, they had gotten their chops by diving directly into the tech industry headfirst.
Nowadays, the entry for admission is much higher. These tech acolytes manage to carve out careers based sheerly on gumption and a willingness to learn, but the tech industry has matured in the meantime. Today, tech-focused companies won’t give you a shot just because you’re the local tech guy and go-to computer fixer among your friends and family. You have to have street cred.
But where to start?
The good news is, the emerging methodology for meeting that basic standard is no longer a 4-year degree. The bad news is… the online courses are still pretty pricey.
For instance, 2017’s hit package The Complete Computer Science Bundle normally runs for $367.
Now, that’s nothing compared to college tuition, of course, but it’s not exactly something that most of us can fork over on a whim.
Nevertheless, the learning kit has a solid 5-star rating from over 1200 reviewers, and it has become a go-to resource for people interested in upping their computer science game.
The good news is, for Black Friday Week, the entire package is available for just $25.
Here’s what you get:
- From 0 to 1: C Programming – Drill Deep $49 Value
- Byte Size Chunks: Java Object-Oriented Programming & Design $24 Value
- From 0 to 1: Data Structures & Algorithms in Java $49 Value
- From 0 to 1: SQL And Databases – Heavy Lifting $49 Value
- From 0 to 1: Learn Python Programming – Easy as Pie $49 Value
- Learn By Example: C++ Programming – 75 Solved Problems $49 Value
- From 0 to 1: Raspberry Pi and the Internet of Things $49 Value
- Case Studies: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Apple $49 Value
Are you ready to stop being the local tech guy and start being a tech professional? Click the button below to check out the Complete Computer Science Bundle for its this-week-only price drop rate!
The AAPicks team writes about things we think you’ll like, and we may see a share of revenue from any purchases made through affiliate links. To see all our hottest deals, head over to the AAPICKS HUB.