Fancy giving Oreo a spin on your OnePlus 5?
The OxygenOS team put together their latest update and made it available today as part of their Open Beta Program for everyone who wants to try it out before it gets a release tag. You'll need to be able to manually download a full update and copy it to your phone's file storage if you want to use the beta, but the instructions are simple and well documented on the OnePlus 5 Beta page.
Here's what to expect:
- Updated to Android O (8.0) with November security patch
- Added Picture in Picture
- Added Auto-fill
- Added Smart text selection
- New Quick Settings design
- Added Parallel Apps
- Added notification dots
- New app folder design
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus
Remember, this is beta software. OnePlus stresses that "These builds are sometimes NOT as stable as our official OTAs generally are. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks of data loss." If you're going to try out the new Oreo build, be sure to back up everything important and be ready for anything.
Are any OnePlus 5 owners out there going to give this a shot?
- OnePlus 5T review: Come for the value, not the excitement
- OnePlus 5T specs
- Should you upgrade from the OnePlus 3T?
- OnePlus 5T vs. Galaxy S8: Beast mode
- All of the latest OnePlus 5T news
- Join the discussion in the forums