Microsoft Launcher getting even better with new customization options
Good news for Microsoft Launcher fans as it seems another truck-load of improvements are in the pipeline. Following the implementation of native Cortana support last month, Microsoft is now adding a number of customization options and UI changes.
The most notable change is the ability to set a gallery of custom wallpapers that rotate on a daily basis. This should be a welcome tweak for users who aren’t so keen on the daily cycle of Bing backgrounds. Wallpapers are also now scrollable too.
Badge notification control for specific apps and lock screen calendar notifications have also been added, as well as minor adjustments to certain UI elements, and general performance improvements and bug fixes.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Daily custom background: Get a new daily background not only from Bing, but now from your own custom set of wallpapers!
- Set your wallpapers to be scroll-able
- Badge notifications: Control app notification badges for specific apps.
- Lock screen calendar notifications: Always have the upcoming calendar events shown on your lock screen;
- Simplified long press app context menu;
- New “What’s New” experience;
- Support both move & clone when moving apps in app drawer to form a folder;
- Bug fix on Feedback & Help page;
- Performance improvement and crash fixing.
If you’ve enrolled as a beta tester you can download the v4.7 update from today via the Play Store. For everyone else, it seems likely a public rollout won’t be too far off.
What do you think of the changes? Are you tempted to give Microsoft Launcher a try? Let us know in the comments.