LG V30 update tracker (Update: T-Mobile resumes Oreo rollout)
Update #2 (05/30/18): T-Mobile has resumed the Oreo rollout for the LG V30. The latest version carries the build number H93220h and comes with the Android security patches for April. As well as ridding the update of the pesky bugs that halted the rollout in the first place, it also includes an AI camera update to match the V30S ThinQ.
Update (05/14/18): We previously announced that T-Mobile would be rolling out an update to the LG V30. However, it looks like that update had too many bug issues and the update rollout has been scrapped. T-Mobile did not give any update as to when a new, fixed rollout would begin. We’ll keep you posted here as soon as any news emerges.
Welcome to the LG V30 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest LG V30 update information, but it won’t include general security patches on their own.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
LG V30 Android Oreo update
The first U.S. carrier to roll out the update was Verizon on March 13, followed by Sprint on March 21. AT&T began rolling it out to the V30 on March 28, and T-Mobile started rolling out the update on May 8.
LG V30 update US
|LG V30 updates US||Android 7.1.2 Nougat||Android 8.0|
AT&T LG V30 update (H931):
- March 28, 2018: Multiple users on Reddit are reporting that AT&T is now rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo to the LG V30.
Verizon LG V30 update (VS996):
- March 13, 2018: Verizon begins rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo for LG V30 users. The 1.7GB download also includes a new settings app and changes to the notifications window.
- April 23, 2018: Verizon has pushed the “update” button for the V30, bringing AI Cam features, the March 2018 security update, and LG V30 ThinQ branding.
T-Mobile LG V30 update (H932):
- May 8, 2018: T-Mobile is now rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo to the LG V30.
- May 14, 2018: T-Mobile canceled the previous update due to bug reports. There is no ETA on a new update.
- May 30, 2018: T-Mobile resumes Oreo rollout.
Sprint LG V30 update (LS998, 128 GB model):
- March 21, 2018: Sprint starts rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo for LG V30 users. Update also includes March Android security patches.
International LG V30 update (H930/H933):
- December 26, 2017: LG releases stable Android 8.0 Oreo update for V30 users in South Korea.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or tip us!