Last time we checked in on the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, they were receiving an OxygenOS Open Beta update with a few new features. Today, OnePlus has begun rolling out OxygenOS 5.0.3 to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. This is a full stable release for all devices. The update includes Face Unlock, the latest security patch, and a bevy of other features and fixes. Here’s the official changelog.
- Refined Shelf UI design
- New design for App shortcuts
- Supported more options when long pressing an icon
- Places: a map view of photos by location
- Supported sharing photos to Shot-On-OnePlus
- Added “Recently Deleted” collection
- Added “Large files” category
- Added new widget for Launcher
- Improved the positioning accuracy
- Adjust refresh interval for weather information update
OxygenOS 5.0.3 also includes the May security patch and several optimizations to “improve several key areas.” This is an OTA update that should start appearing on some devices right away, but it will ultimately roll out to everyone over the next few days.
OnePlus promised Face Unlock would be coming to the OnePlus 3/3T back in January. It’s great to see them follow-up on their promise and continue to update a phone that certainly isn’t new anymore. OnePlus has been consistently rolling out OxygenOS beta updates for these devices.