Have you ever wondered how to build your own custom ROMs or kernels? Have you ever wanted to learn how to even start? Well, now you can with a series of video tutorials made by XDA Senior Member AlaskaLinuxUser! You can learn to build for Android Lollipop, Android Marshmallow, Android Nougat, and Android Oreo. Along with that, you can also learn to make a number of system modifications as well. The full list of what’s covered in the tutorials is below.
- Ubuntu installation
- Java installations
- Using Git, GitHub, GitKraken, and the command line
- Fastboot and ADB
- QFIL, QPST, SALT, and other tools
- AOSP, SlimRoms, PACrom, AOKP, AOSCP
- Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo
- Adding Governors and I/O Schedulers
- Sound modifications
- Changing app colors, text, and icons
- Adding prebuilt apps
- Adding source code
- Converting device from one ROM to another
- And lots more
The videos are not hosted on YouTube or a streaming site. They are available to download as Ogg Vorbis or MP4 file types. If you’re interested, click the link below to learn how to do all of that!