Chances are you’ve already put in a lump sum of cash towards a pair of decent everyday headphones and feel it’s fine to use them for exercising, too. While that may be the case for some earbuds, more often than not, you’re better off getting a specialized pair that’s designated for exercise. Today we present to you the best workout earbuds you can buy.
If you have the chance, be sure to read the in-depth article at SoundGuys which breaks down the best options in greater detail. If, however, you’re in need of a quick read, we present to you an abridged version of the best workout earbuds.
Related: Best true wireless earbuds
Best all-around: Jaybird X4
Reasons to consider the Jaybird X4:
- The X4 have a slimmer profile compared to previous iterations.
- Unlike previous models, it’s IPX7-rated.
- The control module is easy to operate blindly.
- You can change EQ settings via Jaybird MySound app and apply your preferred profile to other source devices.
- Through SoundGuys‘ objective testing, battery life was recorded at 7.5 hours — more than enough for a week’s worth of workouts.
Best true wireless: Jabra Elite 65t
Reasons to consider the Jabra Elite 65t:
- The earbuds are IP55 dust and water-resistant.
- Battery life is excellent at a recorded 5.85 hours of playback.
- Due to the internal four-mic technology virtual assistant commands and on-the-go calls are easy to make.
- The earbuds attenuate external noise due to a proper fit.
- Ambient noise passthrough can be adjusted via the Jabra Sound+ app.
Best bass: Under Armour Sport Flex Wireless by JBL
Reasons to consider the Under Armour Sport Flex Wireless by JBL:
- Emphasized bass for the athletic basshead
- There’s reflective trim on the back of the neckband, which is an excellent safety precaution for outdoor exercise.
- Magnetic earbud housings keep things tidy when the Sport Flex Wireless aren’t in use.
- The earbuds include a one-year premium membership to MapMyRun.
Best durability: Plantronics BackBeat Fit
Reasons to consider the Plantronics BackBeat Fit:
- IP57 dust and water-resistance
- They’re great for swimmers and runners alike.
- The earbuds are safety-oriented and outfitted with a reflective accent.
- You get an armband to hold your phone and accessories during workouts.
- They’re a great value for a pair of sub-$50 earbuds.
Best sound: Bose SoundSport Free
Reasons to consider the Bose SoundSport Free:
- IPX4 water-resistance
- The right earbud houses tactile controls that are easy to operate while exercising.
- Despite the bulk, the StayHear+ ear tips provide a secure fit.
- Battery life is superb for true wireless earbuds.
- Great sound reproduction