- In an APK teardown of ARCore 1.5, one can easily see references to unreleased smartphones such as the OnePlus 6T.
- It appears that these phones are already approved for ARCore support.
- APK teardowns are usually pretty reliable, but it is possible that this ARCore info could change.
ARCore 1.5 just hit APKMirror, and Android Police already gave the APK a teardown. Interestingly, the team found references to what appears to be several unreleased smartphones listed out in the code for ARCore in an area reserved for approved ARCore devices.
While this is speculation at this point, it likely means that the unreleased devices already are approved to work with ARCore, despite their status as unreleased (or even unannounced).
One of the devices — the OnePlus 6T — is clearly labeled on the list, not even using a code name.
Other devices appear under code names, some of which are easy to deduce by previous names. For example, the Nokia 9 (AOP_sprout) and Nokia Phoenix (PNX_sprout) make the list, as well as a completely unknown Nokia device going by the code name CTL_sprout.
There is also reference to a “B” variant of the Vivo Nex, which could mean there is an upcoming version that will somehow be different than the one released earlier this year — or it could be a reference to a Vivo Nex 2.
These devices getting listed out in the code of ARCore 1.5 doesn’t definitively mean anything of any real substance, as there’s no concrete information here, just device code names. But it could mean that Google has already tested these mystery devices and added them as “approved” to ARCore, which means they will have access to AR programs like Google Lens.
As with any APK teardown though, it is possible that the next version of the app will have these references removed and that will be that.
- ROG Phone [ASUS_Z01QD_1]
- P20 Lite [HWANE]
- Mate 10 Pro [HWBLA]
- unknown [HWJKM-H]
- unknown [HWLYA]
- Phoenix [PNX_sprout] * This is rumored, but name is unconfirmed
- Nokia 9 [AOP_sprout] * This is rumored, but name is unconfirmed
- CTL_sprout * naming pattern matches Nokia phones, but device unknown
- One Plus 6T [OnePlus6T]
- Razer Phone [cheryl]
- Galaxy Note 9 [SCV40, SCV40_jp_kdi, SC-01L]
- Galaxy Tab S3 [gts3llte, gts3lltechn, gts3lltekx, gts3llteusc, gts3lltevzw, gts3lwifi, gts3lwifichn]
- Galaxy J5 [j5y17lte, j5y17ltektt, j5y17ltelgt, j5y17lteskt]
- Galaxy J5 Pro [j5y17ltedx, j5y17ltextc]
- Galaxy J7 [j7y17lte]
- Galaxy J7 (2017) [j7y17ltektt]
- Xperia X [suzu, F5121, F5122]
- V1809A [PD1809]
- Vivo NEX B [PD1806B] * There is a NEX A codenamed PD1806, but it’s unclear if this is same device with a variant name or a new model
- Vivo X21i [k71v1_64_bsp]