The Sony WH1000XM3 headphones come with a range of excellent features, and Sony is updating them with new features all the time. Version 2.0 brings support for Google Assistant, with more feature set to be added later. This guide will show you how to update the firmware on your new headphones.
What you'll need
First, make sure your headphones are paired with your phone
- Launch the Sony | Headphones Connect application.
- Connect your WH1000XM3 to the Sony | Headphones Connect app (this should happen automatically if you're paired).
If there's an update available, you'll see the banner at the bottom of the screen. Press More Info.
- Press OK to start the update.
- The transfer will start. It will automatically move to the next screen after the transfer has been completed. This will take about one minute.
- When the software update is completed, press "OK".
Once you've updated the firmware on your Sony WH1000XM3 headphones, you'll get the access to the latest features that Sony has made available. In the case of Version 2.0.0, this will allow you to access Google Assistant directly from the headphones, once Google enables the feature in late 2018.
Our top equipment picks
Sony WH1000XM3 Wireless Headphones
The best wireless headphones are even better this year.
The best headphones offer comfort, connectivity, and compatibility with all your devices, and the Sony WH1000XM3 achieves this. USB-C charging keeps them future-proof, redesigned ear pads make them more comfortable, and improved power efficiency means they offer hours of audio playback.